Billions of dollars are spent annually on increasingly digital and data-driven forms marketing, from mobile advertising to social media to email campaigns based on sensor data. The purpose of the Accord Digital Marketing Working Group is to produce standards and open source tools to bring greater visibility, value, and meaning to marketing relationships using smart legal contracts. Essential to this goal is bringing real-time visibility to the value being derived from marketing campaigns by integrating the wide variety of data sources and analytics into agreements.
Digital Marketing-specific contracting problems to be addressed by the Working Group include:
- performance reporting by marketing agencies;
- interrelations between clauses and data in multi-channel marketing agreements;
- measuring compliance and performance in content marketing contracts;
- incorporating dynamic tools and measurement methods for search engine optimization agreements;
- terms and conditions that reduce page view and click-through fraud;
- connecting payment terms to customer-approved social media content;
- incorporation of machine learning in programmatic advertising agreements for ad placement;
- dynamic pricing based upon ad impression quality.