The purpose of the Accord Open Data Standards Working Group is to produce the standards and open source tools required to use data in smart legal contracts. Focus will be generalized (where applicable) and initial specific use cases will focus on finance and supply chain data. A key outcome will be techno-legal standards for external data “oracles” - formats, security, transmission, identifiers, etc.
Specific problems to be addressed by the Working Group include:
- standardizing data identifiers, and data formats;
- encryption standards;
- verifying data integrity;
- technical standards for data transmission;
- data interoperability;
- data ownership (e.g., IoT);
- authoritative sources and minimum standards (e.g., ISO standard 17442);
- universal unique identifiers, object spaces, and namespaces;
- data protection, privacy, and permanence/transience;
- data obfuscation technologies and standards (e.g., SGX, Zero-Knowledge Proofs);
- interaction with legal regulation - GDPR, etc;
- legal Entity Identifiers;
- dealing with disputes over data integrity and accuracy.